Re: Exclude syntax in expdp for a table

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 16, 8:09 am, zigzagdna <zigzag..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using Oracle 11.1.0.7.x on HP UNIX 11i. I am doing full expdp and
> want to exclude certain tables.
> Expdp full=Y parfile=expdp.par
> I am using following syntax is an expdp.par
> EXCLUDE=TABLE:"IN ('PQM.COMPLAINT_LTR_ORIG')"
> Where PQM is my schema. My database has many schemas I want to exclude
> Table in a specific schema.
> I am finding that expdp is not excluding this table. However, If I
> remove PQM,
> EXCLUDE=TABLE:"IN ('COMPLAINT_LTR_ORIG')"
> Table is excluded. Problem I have is table same name exists in other
> schemas as well
> So many tables get excluded which is not what I want. How can I
> exclude table in a specific schema while
> doing full export data pump. (full=Y);

After reading Oracle manuals and doing google research, it looks like one cannot sppecify schema name in exclude table name. If one does, name of the table is taken as PQM.TABLEA instead of TABLEA being in PQM schema. It is defintely limitation in expdp exclude and include syntaxt.

Prem Received on Sat Oct 16 2010 - 18:17:04 CDT

Original text of this message