Re: Infinite loop, autonomous transactions, jobs...

From: Tiago <diariodastrilhas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:06:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 12, 8:11 am, Tiago <diariodastril..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I thank you very much if you can give me any insight, thanks a lot!

ok, I have given up on autonomous transaction and creating a miriad of jobs. All I *don't* want is to do infinite loops.

I found that Advanced Queuing works on Oracle SE. Great!? Well, not so.
I followed Tom Kyte's post on aq line by line, letter by letter. I can enqueue. I can manually dequeue. But it does not register the pl/sql function call back. I can see it on sys.reg$.

I have job_queues set to 10. I even had aq_tm_processes set to 10 even that I don't need it. The thing doesn't call the registered pl/sql callback procedure.

Am I missing something?

This is my inspiration source:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:2552196809259153::::P11_QUESTION_ID:8760267539329

10.2.0.5

Can anyone point me to a working example, known to work on 10r2?

  • Tiago -> sometimes it's great being a developer.... :)