Re: Dev/test databases price

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 18:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

Bob:

# Our sales representant says us we have to pay for dev/test databases ...

Is it normal to pay for dev/test database ?

Yup ... for shops that look at licensing agreements and understand their obligations ... completely normal.

You may have the flexibility to handle some of this stuff with named user licensing etc.

Do your home work and look at all the documenations. Think hard about this area.

... What is the general price policy ?

Whatever you can negotiate ... don't ask = list pricing for the most part. Received on Sat Oct 09 2010 - 20:23:57 CDT

Original text of this message