Re: Warning during import

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:35:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 9, 7:14 am, "bob123" <nom..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when  we import with a character set different from the database
> we have the follwing error (from memory):
>
> import done in ...
> server server uses ...
> export client uses ...
> export server uses
> conversion ...
>
> Is it a real pb (data lost) or it is a warning and the conversion is done
> so no data lost ?
>
> Thanks for your insights

The the actual information/error messages and information on the export and import Oracle versions would be helpful.

The import./export process will automatically convert the data from the export character set to the import target database character set if it can. Not all characters translate between all sets and these usually show up as a question mark.

Without a system in front of me I cannot run a quick test to see how many of these messages are normal but even so without your actual messages any response might still be wrong.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Oct 09 2010 - 11:35:32 CDT

Original text of this message