Part Time ERP Assignments

From: ERP Expert <technofunc.erp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 00:19:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dear Friends,

I have been working as an ERP Consultant for now almost 15 years and have always wondered that although our area is comparatively new when compared to traditional professions, however no serious effort has been made to convert this into a profession. All of a sudden I was delighted to find that there is a site recently launched www.technofunc,com which is trying to accomplish this by creating a Association of all ERP Experts and I think we should contribute in this holy task of making our ERP Vocation an independent profession. Some of the concepts that I really liked are given below:

Virtual ERP Consultancy:

If I am an ERP Expert and I want to offer my services to all these companies around the world, the only option I have is to either work as an Contractor or work as an Employee for consulting company or client company. No avenues exist where I can utilize my spare time to earn some recurring income. This website propose a model in which they will take the bigger assignments and will distribute them to the members based on individual's availability and expertise. Anonymity is promised and they claim that they do-not disclose the names of the consultants to their clients. Assignments are delivered using the virtual method and Virtual Collaboration Tools. Their services are free and the only condition to join is the ERP Expertise. There are online options available where you can specify when you are not available or not interested in their services and they will switch you off. They also claim that they do not share their databases with Employers or Consultants, which is a big relief!

Technofunctional Body of Knowledge:

They have also started the Technofunctional Body of Knowledge (TFBOK) project and memberships are open for Technofunc Professional Association, the only voluntary Professional Association of Technofunctional Professionals all over the world. Body of Knowledge is dedicated to creating a living representation of knowledge that contains Opinions, Insights and Perceptions along with Fundamental Knowledge of the ERP Technofunctional Profession, including Technical and Functional aspects as well. Technical Expertise, Functional Knowledge, Business Process Expertise, Project Management Methodology and Skills, Communication Skills, Change Management, Six Sigma Aspect, Technical Standards, Controls and ERM are considered to be the corner stones for ensuring success and effectiveness in ERP Implementations, and achieving higher level of efficiency in the deployment of sustainable ERP solutions and its management. Globalization, Compliance, and ever increasing need for better governance and cost effectiveness, has created an exigency for a framework to bridge the gap between technical and functional expertise. And success of this project is fundamental to the success of ERP Consultancy as a Profession. Preliminary work has been started, but there is lots more to do. This website also introduces the Process Areas and Knowledge Areas that will eventually be included in the final edition of Technofunctional Body of Knowledge.

If you are an ERP expert, (irrespective of your ERP Product) and you have spare time, it's a great idea to get associated with this project and gain visibility and recognition for yourself in the entire ERP Community. You can also opt for the committee and leadership positions purely on a volunteer basis.

Online ERP Community:

Website also provides resources for all ERP Professionals, irrespective of the Vendor Product or Technology. The ERP Community provides recourses and opportunities for professional and vocational development, information, identity, knowledge base, user-groups, solutions, business process expertise, sharing and collaboration, peer and manager recommendations, pointers, tips and tricks, best practices, insights and innovations.and sense of belonging. Membership to Community is open to all ERP Professionals for free.

Benefits of joining Technofunctional Community:

Secure place where candid conversations can occur ERP Professionals connect to share knowledge, solve problems, address common concerns, work for professional interests and develop best practices and professional skills
Functional experts interested in a particular specialized domain can gather virtually in domain focused forums Opportunity to serve observations, insights, best practices and lessons learned across boundaries of organizations Professionals are able to deepen their knowledge and expertise by regularly interacting with each other
Creating Technofunctional Tools, Standards, Generic Designs, Ethics, Knowledge Base, Process Areas, Certifications, Trainings and Publications
Developing Technofunctional body of common knowledge, practices, and approaches
Shares the overall design principles of communities of practice Linked to the overall common objectives for uplifting Technofunctional Profession
Decreasing the learning curve of new entrants into profession Creating motivation to share knowledge by using knowledge for the public good and overall community interest Membership to Technofunc Community is free for all Registered Members. Gain advice on your Implementation Issues and Problems Build your online Resume and gain access to unlimited opportunities. Register for community web seminars and get opportunity to present to a wide global audience.
Access shared Templates, Documents & Best Practices Share your project expertise, challenges and learning’s Subscribe to Newsletters
Register now or add me on Facebook to keep in touch.

Dont Forget to visit : www.technofunc.com

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001703225474&v=info

Regards,
In profession,
Sharon Bush Received on Sat Oct 09 2010 - 02:19:59 CDT

Original text of this message