Re: Incompetent Test Manager---Phoenix---jobid G2121

From: The Boss <nltaal_at_baasbovenbaas.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 02:43:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 6, 4:44 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> The Boss wrote,on my timestamp of 6/10/2010 12:50 AM:
>
> > True, but it doesn't make much sense to react to spam the way Nuno
> > did.
>
> As opposed to not reacting at all and ltting it go on, like you do?

You're the one that is jumping to conclusions here. If you had bothered to ask, I would have told you that in the past: - I did sent a couple of requests to Maple's gmail-account to stop spamming
- reported spam complaints to Google several times - reported spam complaints to the MRS website multiple times

I share your 'frustration' regarding this spammer, but only wanted to suggest that complaining at the source is probably more effective than complaining here.

> > Most spammers just dump their crap and don't look back, and with
> > several thousands of spam-posts each month (according Google Groups
> > statistics) I don't think this MRS creature is an exception to that.
>
> Yes, they are.

I haven't seen any response from the spammer in reaction to complaints in this group.
I might have missed something though, and take your and Joel's word for it that it did happen.
I guess this must have been a couple of months ago when he just had started spamming.
Given the excessive amount of spam (thousands each month over >100 different groups), I can't believe that MRS is monitoring these groups for reactions anymore.

> > It may be more useful to use the MRS website to protest against the
> > spammer:
> >http://mapleresource.net/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id...
>
> I did.  Multiple times. And they stopped for a while.

Doesn't this prove my point that going this route may be more effective?

> Then they started again. So, they get crap heaped on them now.

Perfect.
That's exactly why I posted the info about their website etc., so may be more cdos-ers can join in.

> Perhaps if you had bothered to ask the prior history instead of jumping to
> idiotic conclusions you'd have learned this?

I'm not aware having drawn any conclusions, let alone idiotic ones. Just wanted to provide alternative ways that IMHO are more effective.

HTH

--
Jeroen