Re: How to revert to DMTS ?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

Gerard:

# I've been investigating this application and its database for two years now, mostly tuning the queries it "generates".

Well 10.2.0.4 has been out a really really long time ( and now 10.2.0.5 ) but you were so busy that missed out on all the maintenance that is missing by running 10.2.0.1 ( base release )?

At the point you are currently at I would recommend that you read Cary Millsaps book "Optimizing Oracle Performance". Maybe follow that up with Tom Kytes new book and/or Troubleshooting Oracle Performance by Christian Antognini. Received on Sat Oct 02 2010 - 19:33:47 CDT

Original text of this message