Re: How to revert to DMTS ?

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 22:16:23 +0200

Charles Hooper schreef:
> On Sep 30, 3:21 pm, "Gerard H. Pille"<g..._at_skynet.be> wrote:
>> Excessive undo on intensive deletes and inserts in indexes, multiple sessions inserting (DMTS +
>> freelists) and slower full table scans.
>
> You can use freelist management with locally managed tablespaces - you
> do not need to use ASSM:
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/tspaces.htm#sthref1155
>
> Charles Hooper

Since I could not create a DMTS, I created a LMTS with MSSM, and moved the indexes to that tablespace during the night.

But today we had as much undo as usual.

So I'll have to wait until we get 10.2.0.5 and hope that helps.

During the move, I did not specify freelists. But I don't think they would have brought the undo down. Received on Fri Oct 01 2010 - 15:16:23 CDT

Original text of this message