Re: How to revert to DMTS ?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 12:21 pm, "Gerard H. Pille" <g..._at_skynet.be> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:43:41 +0200, Gerard H. Pille wrote:
>
> >> Hallo,
>
> >> for performance reasons I need a couple of dictionary managed
> >> tablespaces
>
> > What, exactly, is the performance problem that the dictionary managed
> > tablespaces would solve?
>
> Excessive undo on intensive deletes and inserts in indexes, multiple sessions inserting (DMTS +
> freelists) and slower full table scans.

As far as undo, see Jonathan's explanation for one possibility in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/e1b874c5ac59448f/

If you have such a situation (or the one in the Dion link), Mladen's comments about restarts or application design might be spot on. I take it you were comparing different versions of Oracle running the same app?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/sep/30/comic-con-staying-san-diego/