Re: copying large data on production environment

From: mick.w <mick.w_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 02:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your response!

> Well, something has got to give.  First of all, which exact versions of everything are you using?
Oracle 10.2.0.4.0
> What kind of volumes of data are we talking about?
What do you mean?
>Are there times when the system is less heavily loaded?
Yes
> How long do you have to do it?

As I wrote, I can do this in a few parts. Probably client side will do this at the weekends or nightly hours, so the time is enough
> Are you using any tools like Informatica, Toad, or just sql, or pl/sql?
Just sql and pl/sql
>  Are you on the server or is a client machine involved?
I am not on the server. I need to write scripts which client side will execute
> Does the data need any transform?

I need to split data into to tables with the same structure. Primary key must be changed
> Are constraints the same?

Yes
> What kind of storage are you using?

Storage will be enough.

Does executing command insert into ... values (select a, b from abc partition(part1)) will produce a big slowdown? Does hint 'append' could improve performance of this operation? (tables will be empty and no records will be deleted from them for now) Received on Thu Sep 30 2010 - 04:06:11 CDT

Original text of this message