Re: how to give user privilege to browse the source code in prodution

From: charles <dshproperty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks David.

We are a new Oracle shop, we are building all those new rules for this new world

Our developer team strongly wanted it. They do not want to use SQL to select against a view. They want to use some gui tool like SQL developer/SQL navigator to browse.

I searched on Pete's site, he only mentioned "never grant select any dictionary".

On oracle's website, it also mentioned
You should grant this privilege with extreme care, because the integrity of your system can be compromised by their misuse.

But Oracle does not give details how the misuse could cause the integrity of our database.

To convince the judge, our supervisor, i need to give some details, some examples, which is hard to find on internet. The only thing i found so far is dba_users has a password column.