Re: how to give user privilege to browse the source code in prodution

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 06:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 22, 4:46 pm, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
> "charles" <dshprope..._at_gmail.com> a crit dans le message de news:
> 880b62ca-c4c1-4d7e-9d16-b87d391a4..._at_j5g2000vbg.googlegroups.com...
> | All,
> |
> | We are at Oracle 10g.  We need to let our developer to browse source
> | code like packages/functions/triggers.
> |
> | The only way i can think of is grant select any dictionary.  Is there
> | any security risk there by doing that?  What is other options?
> |
> | Thanks for your help
>
> Create a procedure in procedure/... owner schema that displays
> the code source and grant developers the privilege to execute this
> procedure.
>
> Regards
> Michel

Here is what we did. I took the source code for USER_SOURCE and created a view using this source with the current user restriction removed. The view returns all source. Access is control via granting the select privilege on the view. It would also be easy to restrict the source code being displayyed to that belonging to specific application code owners.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Sep 23 2010 - 08:46:45 CDT

Original text of this message