Re: How to check with multiple login?

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:10:15 +0200

On 09/21/2010 05:06 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 01:50:40 -0700, Mullin Yu wrote:
>
>> I have an application and those user accounts are application users, not
>> database users, i.e. userid and password stored on the user table (e..g
>> usr_user).
>>
>> Now, I would like to check with any multiple login of users (same
>> machine or another user) and in case having, the application will warn
>> the user and not allow further login.
>>
>> Currently, I think of checking with V$session. But then, may need to set
>> the value of user id when user logins to the application.
>>
>> Is it possbile and any information can be shared?
>
> You can use resource limits and set sessions_per_user in create/alter
> profile statement.

Not if I understand "application users" correctly: there will be only one account that actually connects (application_owner) and all standard security is ignored.
There will be only one user session.

Your approach is valid when combined with proxy users. Still one application owner user from the middle tier...

--

Regards,

Frank van Bortel