Re: known bugs in 10.2.0.1 on aix 64bit

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 17, 6:45 am, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Running stuff on aix must be a little interesting these days with
> patches/etc given how Oracle is yo yo'ing between linux and solaris.
>
> Used to be solaris and hpux maintenance came out timely and pretty
> well tested ... used to be.  Solaris maintenance may now be back on
> the upswing ... time will tell.

Precisely. It's never been easy on AIX, due to all the Ora++IBM fighting.
But it's a good platform and the new Power6 chips are absolute screamers.
I love that i570 we got now: with the lpar virtual partitioning and the hypervisor on top, it's so easy to re-config on the fly it's not even funny. We got so much stuff on it now it's mind-blowing. Starting now to use AIX 6 on micro-lpars, which are even better. Basically, all our Oracle servers hang off that beast, with a few app servers thrown in and two AS400 servers in there as well! Received on Thu Sep 16 2010 - 22:58:04 CDT

Original text of this message