Re: known bugs in 10.2.0.1 on aix 64bit

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:45:45 -0700 (PDT)

Nuno:

> > Just the 10.2.0.3 patchset?  Or 10.2.0.3 patchset with various other
> > one offs?  ( Sorry the "patched up" terminology not clear at least to
> > me ).
>
> Patched up with various other one-offs.  Located from known problems
> with ASSM and a few CBO and query result-set issues.  If you want, I
> can get you the actual bug numbers, they are in our Opatch mini-
> database.

Not interested thanks ... I only have one system left on 10.2 and it is on 10.2.0.4 currently.

Just interested in clearing up the terminology for ( not too likely given how dead cdos is these days ) other people.

> > Any particular reason you have not gone past 10.2.0.3?

... Yes, a few reasons:

Hey fine it was just curiousity given how ( a while back now ) relatively stable 10.2.0.4 was for us. That was back on hpux though and hey we are out of there now.

Running stuff on aix must be a little interesting these days with patches/etc given how Oracle is yo yo'ing between linux and solaris.

Used to be solaris and hpux maintenance came out timely and pretty well tested ... used to be. Solaris maintenance may now be back on the upswing ... time will tell. Received on Thu Sep 16 2010 - 15:45:45 CDT

Original text of this message