Async IO bug

From: mhoys <matthias.hoys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 01:19:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

After the installation of patch set 10.2.0.5, we seem to be hitting bug 9949948: "Linux: Process spin under ksfdrwat0 if OS Async IO not configured high enough". And even after several hits it won't die. According to MOS, the workarounds are:
1) increase aio-max-nr on the OS level
2) disable async_io on the database level

We are on Red Hat 4 and apparently it's not possible to increase aio- -nr on this operating system? It's now set to 65536. I'm not really in favor of disabling async_io for performance reasons...

Anyone else having the same problem and how did you solve this?

Thanks,
Matthias Hoys Received on Thu Sep 02 2010 - 03:19:14 CDT

Original text of this message