Re: CLOB Anyone?

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:19:39 +0200

John Hurley wrote:

> Funny how you worked on this so hard for 3 days but forgot to include
> some basic things in a simple post to a newsgroup. Like for example
> some environments it works and others it does not.
>
> Why don't you produce a reproducible test case in sqlplus where it
> works and the same thing in the web environment where it fails.
>
> Then trace both of those test cases ...

The number of layers (and different technologies) between a website and the Oracle database, makes producing a reproducible test case a work of days. I've done it once, quite sure I was wasting my time in preparing an SR, but I was lucky enough to stumble on a known bug with one of the technologies. A part from interesting learning, I'd still wasted my time because the webdev's had switched to another technology. Received on Sun Aug 29 2010 - 06:19:39 CDT

Original text of this message