Re: Michigan OakTable Symposium less than a month away!

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:10:02 -0700 (PDT)

jimmyb:

# Why would they schedule the Oaktable event just days before Larry's
World? The SF Bay Area or Michigan? Kind of a no-brainer.

Ann Arbor is pretty nice ... very nice actually. Some good times at the sidewalk tables here ( http://www.brownjug-annarbor.com/ ). Probably a better scheduling choice than Detroit since fighting traffic and road construction thru and around the Motor City can get tedious.

Nothing wrong with San Francisco either ... that's where I am headed this year.

Maybe it had to do with getting some of the speakers into the US before they head over to Open World? Scheduling things is always subject to second guessing. My user group NEOOUG has a quarterly meeting scheduled Friday Sept 24th.

# I was planning on going to the Oaktalbe Symposium, but my company
needed one more person to qualify for the free registration to Larry's World so I drafted. No travel costs for me since I'm local.

I am sure that the Michigan event will be good probably very good. I wish I was going. But for anyone going to OOW do you really want to try to sell to management that you also should go to Michigan? These days being missing offsite while not being on vacation and getting paid for the better part of 2 weeks is probably pretty dicey for most Oracle professionals.

So maybe the Michigan group accepted that they were probably going to miss getting a shot at the 40 thousand ( 45 thousand ? who knows ) people who will be at OOW. Received on Tue Aug 24 2010 - 15:10:02 CDT

Original text of this message