Re: Michigan OakTable Symposium less than a month away!

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:48:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 4:24 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mark:
>
> # The Michigan members of the Oaktable Network are presenting the
> Michigan Oaktable Symposium on Sept. 16-17th, 2010 at the Four Points
> Sheraton in Ann Arbor, MI.
>
> Not sure if there are enough people on cdos anymore to get much
> response from this and theoretically at least probably marketplace is
> a better spot but good luck on your event.

Google still considers this group medium activity, though it only has about 10% the activity of 5 years ago. I bet an interesting post getting tweeted about could raise that quickly.

> I would definitely have attended this year but am going to Open World
> the next week and well ... just too much.  Interesting decision your
> group made to schedule your event the week before Open World.

I notice there are people presenting at both, Cary Millsap, Alex Gorbachev, Marco Gralike are all I checked briefly. Looks like it was too much for some others who would be missed. I thought some of the Euro presenters would go to both, being halfway there. But even one is too much for me. Now I'm kind of sorry, having just found out I'll be installing Oracle for a new implementation of an industry-specific product which will be talked about at OW. I suspect the stuff Marco posted about http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=4430887 would be appropriate for it, too. Dang it.

> I did remind all of my fellow NEOOUG officers present at our last
> meeting that your groups event was coming up but did not hear yet of
> anyone going up north.

LA and OC user groups gone bye-bye, not yet replaced by http://www.socoug.org/

jg

--