Re: Problem with network access Oracle 10g

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:38:14 +0200

John Hurley wrote:
> Gerard:
>
> # For a problem that can be solved in less than five minutes, it's
> good that you are beginning to suspect something, after a week.
>
> OP reported problem on August 10th. Not sure how weeks are counted in
> your country.
>
> OP also noted that his management ditched their Oracle support
> contract to save costs and that they do not have a DBA on staff.
>
> In that kind of environment ... trouble shooting problems does not
> generally proceed rapidly.

Well, over here in Belgium one week is seven days of 24 hours. The date of the OP shows 11th of august 2010, at 0h22'. Which is more than a week, less than two, perhaps I should have been more precise. But on the first day, the OP mentioned they had to solve the problem "today".

JR (Ewing?) should give someone access to one of the problematic systems, someone who could some problem solving. It only takes ping an telnet to locate the bottleneck.

But I must say, apart from Frank, nobody even tried to help, and even Frank was skipping a lot of steps.

Does noone over here know that there is a script to run when the hostname or IP-address of an Oracle Application Server changes? Received on Sun Aug 22 2010 - 15:38:14 CDT

Original text of this message