Re: Block Corruption in empty pages in Oracle 11g

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:30:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 14, 11:51 pm, zigzagdna <zigzag..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2:57 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:32:32 -0700, zigzagdna wrote:
> > > Can some one explain following ooutput from dbv;
>
> > Have you tried the documentation?
> > --http://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> Yes,  I have read the documentation. Based on the documenation; my
> block corruption is in unused blocks; i.e.; thes eblocks are not being
> used by current data and indexes. But, I get errors when doing delete
> or truncate; so documentaion is not correct or dbv is provding
> incorret information.

Based on documentaion, I cannot figure out Questions remain why corrupt table I can do:
1. select without error.
2. insert without error
2. but truncare gives error
3. delete of all the rows gives error; one may be able to delete some
rows; but do not know which ones.

So either dbv output is misleading or I do not unserstand what does it mean? Received on Sun Aug 15 2010 - 10:30:25 CDT

Original text of this message