Re: Patchset 10.2.0.5 installation woes on Windows (2k)

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:21:13 +0200

John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com> writes:

> Lothar:
>
> # Hello out there, this weekend I installed patchset 10.2.0.5 on our
> production system anfter having patched the development system on
> thursday. I want to point out some of the pitfalls i came upon. Maybe
> this helps others to circumvent them.
>
> ... Most of them are most likely mentioned in the release notes but
> real programmers don't read release notes. ;-)
>
> OK ... you lost me completely. The patchset comes with a readme and
> probably some real specific details on any windows specific install
> steps necessary.
>
> You were installing this on your production system without thoroughly
> reading thru the install instructions?

Well, I followed the installation instructions. Maybe I did not read them not that thoroughly.
Before I installed on the production system I had a test run on the development machine so I did not jump directly into the cold water.

> Or did you discover things that really are not documented by Oracle
> already?

To be onest, I don'ts know, since I did not read the known issues. The installations of the previous patchsets always ran smoothly so I was somewhat lazy this time. ;-)

Regards,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster  | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
Hauptstr. 26       |