Re: Patchset 10.2.0.5 installation woes on Windows (2k)

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

Lothar:

# Hello out there, this weekend I installed patchset 10.2.0.5 on our production system anfter having patched the development system on thursday. I want to point out some of the pitfalls i came upon. Maybe this helps others to circumvent them.

... Most of them are most likely mentioned in the release notes but real programmers don't read release notes. ;-)

OK ... you lost me completely. The patchset comes with a readme and probably some real specific details on any windows specific install steps necessary.

You were installing this on your production system without thoroughly reading thru the install instructions?

Or did you discover things that really are not documented by Oracle already? Received on Sun Aug 08 2010 - 13:32:59 CDT

Original text of this message