Re: about good SSH tools with FTP function

From: Tim X <timx_at_nospam.dev.null>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 12:20:56 +1000

galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com writes:

> Tim X <timx_at_nospam.dev.null> writes:
>
>> * use emacs with its built-in 'tramp' mode. Allows you to edit remote
>> files and copy files from local to remote host and vice-versa. Steep
>> learning curve if your not familiar with it.
>
> I'm assuming you use M-x sql-oracle then. Makes sqlplus a pleasure, eh?

Yep. The nice thing is that if I'm editing something remotely and then run M-x sql-oracle, it actually executes the sqlplus on the remote host rather than the local copy. Add to that all my little bits of elisp extensions and sqlplus behaves more like a modern interface - command hitory with up/down arrow, command history maintained over multple sessions, improved formatting of output and I'm even working on a nice table column name completion support.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au