Re: about good SSH tools with FTP function

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:58:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 3, 6:41 am, riverdance <esthershe..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I still new in oracle world.
> I had a basic question..about what kind of tools DBA used to access
> oracle server to do their daily job.
>
> I start doing some oracle admin work.. I also need ftp the files from
> my desktop to Unix server from time to time.. is there any good tools
> which could do both SSH and FTP ?
>
> I used to use secure SSH, but it seems not good in oracle. every time,
> from oracle sqlplus session, if I mistype something, it cannot be
> corrected by backspace, the only way is retype the whole command from
> begining..
>
> so I had to switch to putty, since putty don't have this problem. but
> it don't have FTP function, I had to use secure SSH to do the FTP , it
> mean another login process..
>
> I don't know what kind of tools oracle DBA use to do their daily admin
> work?  if the tool had xwindows function, that would be great. since
> it looks like some oracle software, must install under GUI , there is
> no command option .
>
> your suggestion is really appreciated.

I use WRQ Reflection, but just because it happened to be available when I started at the site. Sometimes I use dameware to get to some servers. They both are useful when I work from home. I also use various web things, including EM.

What exactly is your desktop? How far is it from the server? What are the details of the server?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2010/jul/24/cardiff-surfer-statue/12192/#photo