Re: about good SSH tools with FTP function

From: riverdance <esthershensh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:49:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 3, 11:33 am, Rob Burton <burton...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2:41 pm, riverdance <esthershe..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I still new in oracle world.
> > I had a basic question..about what kind of tools DBA used to access
> > oracle server to do their daily job.
>
> > I start doing some oracle admin work.. I also need ftp the files from
> > my desktop to Unix server from time to time.. is there any good tools
> > which could do both SSH and FTP ?
>
> > I used to use secure SSH, but it seems not good in oracle. every time,
> > from oracle sqlplus session, if I mistype something, it cannot be
> > corrected by backspace, the only way is retype the whole command from
> > begining..
>
> > so I had to switch to putty, since putty don't have this problem. but
> > it don't have FTP function, I had to use secure SSH to do the FTP , it
> > mean another login process..
>
> > I don't know what kind of tools oracle DBA use to do their daily admin
> > work?  if the tool had xwindows function, that would be great. since
> > it looks like some oracle software, must install under GUI , there is
> > no command option .
>
> > your suggestion is really appreciated.
>
> scp can be used to transfer files, or pscp if you're using putty (a
> separate download , which also has psftp which I'd guess would do ftp
> too.)- Hide quoted text -

Hi, Thanks.

I tried winscp before , not sure if that is the same scp you mentioned, it seems need to input userid and PW again.. I'm looking for some tools which just need login once and could do FTP and SSH without going through login process again...

I would try to find pscp /psftp to see if that works..

Thanks a lot. Received on Tue Aug 03 2010 - 10:49:15 CDT

Original text of this message