Re: Oracle system table

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:35:36 +0200

Mounilk <mounilkadakia_at_hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am working on oracle database which has a few tables that do not
> have any primary keys. Unfortunately, I cannot modify the table
> designs.
>
> I need to find out the fields in the table that make the record
> unique.
>
> I am not very familiar with Oracle and its system tables, but am
> pretty sure I should be able to get this information from some system
> table.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> MounilK

If you just need to identify a row to issue an update command, using the rowid pseudocolumn may help. This is kind of implicid primary key. But keep
in mind that rowids should *never* be stored in the database since they are invalidated e.g. by export/import.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster  | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
Hauptstr. 26       |