Re: Oracle system table

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:18:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:16:44 -0700, Mounilk wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on oracle database which has a few tables that do not have
> any primary keys. Unfortunately, I cannot modify the table designs.
>
> I need to find out the fields in the table that make the record unique.
>
> I am not very familiar with Oracle and its system tables, but am pretty
> sure I should be able to get this information from some system table.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> MounilK

Why would a RDBMS need to maintain a record of uniqueness? How would it do that? Nope, there are tools which allow you to determine whether there are duplicates and add unique constraints. RDBMS per se does not maintain anything about the uniqueness of columns nor is it required to.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com