Re: Incompetent Oracle Support

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:59:49 -0700 (PDT)

Mark:

# The way I see it we are stuck.  There is no way a major business can afford to run without a support contract cause you need access to the bug fixes and support in the event you run into a reoccurring problem.  We have had to patch or upgrade our way out of problems in the past and the need to do so again in the future cannot be discounted ...

Well when you think about it the DBAs who have been around and have experience are at a premium. Big companies ( and small and medium sized ones who can pay in the range that the marketplace proves out ) will find out sooner or later that they need DBAs that can self service their Oracle systems.

I only volley an item into Oracle support when I see no other alternative. It is a last choice ... but one that can and needs to be done from time to time. Received on Sat Jul 24 2010 - 07:59:49 CDT

Original text of this message