Re: what is the maximum size stored in a column

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 05:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 21, 3:02 pm, Pedda <hemanth.6..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Hemanth Kumar. I am new to using Oracle.
> I was just anxious to know what would be the maximum size of info that
> can be stored in an oracle column.
>
> Can someone please suggest me on this how to retrieve it..??
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> --Hemanth

The longest value that may be stored in a column depends on the Oracle data type of the column. You can store from 1 byte to 4GB in a column again depending on the data type.

The Oracle manuals are available online and on a CD that comes with the Oracle CD Set: http://tahiti.oracle.com

See the Concepts manual or the Application Developers Guide - Fundamentals to see information on the Oracle data types and their usage.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 23 2010 - 07:31:48 CDT

Original text of this message