Re: Another annoying delay

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

Charles:

# Mladen, it is good that you are supporting the physical book stores that sell Oracle b ooks.  The stores in my area usually carry only a couple of Oracle books, and lately not anything that I am interestedin purchasing.

Amen.

Looks like Mladen was talking about Barnes and Noble. The local Borders do not carry more than 5 or 6 individual titles of anything in the Oracle area and it is always 1 of each book. The local Barnes and Noble are similar ... while we may eventually see this title out there ( maybe ) ... the pickings are quite slim.

Nobody to blame really just the dynamics in the marketplace. Bookstores cannot afford to carry inventory that does not move and even though computer books in general do not sell much of what does sell in a bookstore it tends to be the Microsoft type Windows 7 for dummies type of book.

I am planning on checking out the book when it comes out and probably getting 25 copies ... one for each developer. Then the old assignments to read a chapter and get together to review/highlight material. Received on Sun Jul 18 2010 - 15:16:32 CDT

Original text of this message