Re: Another annoying delay

From: jimmyb <jimmybrock_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 16, 6:10 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom Kyte's book "Expert Oracle Database Architecture: Oracle Database
> Programming 9i, 10g, and 11g Techniques and Solutions, Second Edition"
> was supposed to be released yesterday and it isn't yet available on the
> Amazon. What is he doing? Can Oracle Corp. clone him? We need more than a
> single Tom Kyte. Things would be much better if there were 3 or 4
> instances of Tom Kyte, clustered. I'll be so presumptuous to suggest the
> marketing name ExpertData, named after "Exadata".
> Does anyone know when will the book be released into the wild?
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

I got an updated email from Amazon. Looks like the Tom Kyte book is a few weeks away from shipping.

<quote>
We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on July 02 2010

(Order# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

 Thomas Kyte "Expert Oracle Database Architecture: Oracle Database Programming 9i, 10g, and 11g Techniques and Solutions, Second Edition"

   Estimated arrival date: August 03 2010 - August 11 2010 </quote> Received on Sat Jul 17 2010 - 18:37:40 CDT

Original text of this message