Re: Another annoying delay

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 06:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 16, 9:10 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom Kyte's book "Expert Oracle Database Architecture: Oracle Database
> Programming 9i, 10g, and 11g Techniques and Solutions, Second Edition"
> was supposed to be released yesterday and it isn't yet available on the
> Amazon. What is he doing? Can Oracle Corp. clone him? We need more than a
> single Tom Kyte. Things would be much better if there were 3 or 4
> instances of Tom Kyte, clustered. I'll be so presumptuous to suggest the
> marketing name ExpertData, named after "Exadata".
> Does anyone know when will the book be released into the wild?

I just checked my order on Amazon - it is showing an expected ship date of July 19, 2010. The "Look Inside" feature on Amazon is working for the book, with some of the test cases showing Oracle 11g R2, so I assume that the book is finished.

Charles Hooper
Co-author of "Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the Oak Table"
http://hoopercharles.wordpress.com/
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Fri Jul 16 2010 - 08:45:16 CDT

Original text of this message