Re: dblink no listener - normal connection works

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

> Krzysztof, what is the setting of global_names on the target
> database?  I believe this parameter controls incoming requests and not
> outgoing link names.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Let the Oracle speak:

"The name that you give to a link on the local database depends on whether the remote database that you want to access enforces global naming. If the remote database enforces global naming, then you must use the remote database global database name as the name of the link. "

That was my first question to OP.

Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Thu Jul 15 2010 - 09:56:04 CDT

Original text of this message