Re: dblink no listener - normal connection works

From: Krzysztof Cierpisz <ciapecki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:24:17 -0700 (PDT)

On 15 Jul., 02:35, "phil_herr..._at_yahoo.com.au" <phil_herr..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Do you have more than one Oracle home on the server?
>
> By default, a DB link will use the TNS names file in the database
> home. However, it's possible that when you run tnsping, you're using
> another Oracle home with a different TNS names file.
>
> -- Phil

definitely I have only one Oracle home.
there is only one tnsnames.ora file on my system. it's fairly new entry into tnsnames.ora file, and as mentioned above when I change tnsname entry from OXO into TEST both connections (sqlplus and dblink) work fine.

thanks,
chris Received on Thu Jul 15 2010 - 01:24:17 CDT

Original text of this message