Re: The SELECT I've been waiting for years...

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_SHOESyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:25:22 -0400

Kay Kanekowski wrote:
> On 12 Jul., 22:00, Walt <walt_ask..._at_SHOESyahoo.com> wrote:
>> You could have gotten this result earlier using the OCTOPUS module (new
>> in version 11)
>>
>> SELECT OCTOPUS.get_winner('FIFA', 'FINAL', '2010') as CHAMP from dual;
>>
>> CHAMP
>> --------
>> Spain

> Hi Walt,
> sorry, but i havn't a version 11. So what is the result of
>
> SELECT OCTOPUS.get_winner('FIFA', 'FINAL', '2014') as CHAMP from
> dual;

In order for this to return a result you'd need to increase the size of the Flash Prognostication Area by specifying values for the following initialization parameter:

  • DB_PROGNOSTICATION_FILE_DEST_SIZE
Unfortunately, in Version 11 you are limited to approximately 7 days of flash-forward. Perhaps V 12 will allow this level of flash forward, but I'm not sure. I am certain that the query will return valid results by the time v13 is out.

//Walt Received on Tue Jul 13 2010 - 09:25:22 CDT

Original text of this message