Re: Why does an invalid trigger in one schema stop processing in another?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 11, 9:06 pm, Robert Nicholson <robert.nichol..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 10, 3:32 pm, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev"
>

> <vladimir.zakharyc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 10, 8:20 pm, Robert Nicholson <robert.nichol..._at_gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > So, yesterday I saw something disturbing in the log of one of our
> > > processes. We have a process that writes to data in schema A but it's
> > > log was complaining about an invalid trigger in schema B where there
> > > is no relationship defined that should create any dependency b/w these
> > > two schemas A and B.
>
> > > Why is it that when I was writing to objects in Schema A that it
> > > complained about an invalid trigger in Schema B when there is no
> > > relationship b/w these two schemas or sets of objects?
>
> > > The only relationship is that the objects and schemas are sharing the
> > > same tablespaces.
>
> > > This was in Oracle 11g RAC
>
> > Well, there must be a dependency of some sort. I can think of these:
>
> > a) an invalid trigger in Schema B on a table in Schema A. This one
> > would be obvious.
> > b) a trigger in Schema A issues a direct or an indirect (by calling a
> > stored procedure in Schema B) DML on a table in Schema B, which in
> > turn has an invalid trigger on that table. Synonyms might be involved.
>
> > More details (like statements executed and errors returned) would be
> > helpful for further analysis.
>
> > Hth,
> >    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
>
> What was strange was that the trigger in question was only generating
> thru sequence the id of the table in schema a.
>
> and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything in schema b.

Wait a sec: you initially stated that the trigger is in schema B. And it generates an id for a table in schema A from a sequence. And this trigger is invalid. Is this correct? If not, please provide more details on your setup.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev Received on Sun Jul 11 2010 - 13:16:07 CDT

Original text of this message