Re: Why does an invalid trigger in one schema stop processing in another?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 10, 8:20 pm, Robert Nicholson <robert.nichol..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> So, yesterday I saw something disturbing in the log of one of our
> processes. We have a process that writes to data in schema A but it's
> log was complaining about an invalid trigger in schema B where there
> is no relationship defined that should create any dependency b/w these
> two schemas A and B.
>
> Why is it that when I was writing to objects in Schema A that it
> complained about an invalid trigger in Schema B when there is no
> relationship b/w these two schemas or sets of objects?
>
> The only relationship is that the objects and schemas are sharing the
> same tablespaces.
>
> This was in Oracle 11g RAC

Well, there must be a dependency of some sort. I can think of these:

  1. an invalid trigger in Schema B on a table in Schema A. This one would be obvious.
  2. a trigger in Schema A issues a direct or an indirect (by calling a stored procedure in Schema B) DML on a table in Schema B, which in turn has an invalid trigger on that table. Synonyms might be involved.

More details (like statements executed and errors returned) would be helpful for further analysis.

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev Received on Sat Jul 10 2010 - 15:32:09 CDT

Original text of this message