Re: Internal imp errors importing 8.1.7 dump file on 10.2

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 08:51:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 5, 9:31 am, Wolfram Rösler <wolfram.roes..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 24 GB dump file that was created with Oracle 8.1.7 on AIX,
> which I want to proof-read with 10.2 on Windows, so I did:
>
> imp system/xxx file=export.dmp fromuser=name touser=name show=y
>
> It runs fine for a while but then prints the following errors:
>
>  illegal lob length marker 49408
>  bytesread = 00000000000
>  TABLE = MYTABLENAME
> IMP-00098: INTERNAL ERROR: impgst2
> IMP-00008: unrecognized statement in the export file:
> <07><1e>
> IMP-00032: SQL statement exceeded buffer length
>
> These occur several times until IMP-00008 repeats forever (until I
> aborted the import 16 hours later). Importing with a larger buffer
> ("buffer=2000000") made no difference.
>
> The dump file can be imported without errors and warnings on the
> source machine (8.1.7 on AIX). The original dump file and my copy of
> it have identical CRCs so it's not a corruption issue. I'm running imp
> directly on the DB server so it's not a client/server compatibility
> issue either.
>
> The export parameters are nothing special:
>
> exp system/xxx file=export.dmp owner=name consistent=y
>
> Any idea what's going wrong? Is the dump file ok, and if so, how can I
> import it?
>
> Thanks for any help
> W. Rösler

According to my reading of Vlad's reference: Compatibility Matrix for Export And Import Between Different Oracle Versions [Video] #132904.1

An 8.1.7.4 export can be read by 10.2 imp.

I would think the fact you are running this with show=y indicates the dmp file is corrupted. At least that is what the error means per note:

IMP-00098: INTERNAL ERROR: impgst2Segmentation Fault - core dumped #578616.1

zero length lobs are also a possible issue Bug 3890213 - IMP-98 possible importing zero length Lobs with CHUNKSIZE > 32767 #3890213.8 So you could have a zero length LOB to fix before exporting or perhaps as mentioned the copy of the export dmp file was not done using a binary FTP but there is a very good chance the export is corrupted.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Jul 06 2010 - 10:51:16 CDT

Original text of this message