Re: General SAN advice needed for 2TB 9.2.0.8 database on HP-UX

From: DG problem <skatefree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

> I almost always separate out the disks for online logs from the rest
> of the system.  For commit happy systems I really want to have average
> log file sync times at 1 ms or under if I can.

So even though Oracle recommends putting everything on the same stripe, you still separate the log files? Have you noticed any performance gains from doing this from your testing?

The thing is that being able to write out log files across an 8 disk stripe means much faster write times if the IO isn't being chugged down by other processes. Received on Fri Jun 25 2010 - 00:45:33 CDT

Original text of this message