Re: transaction tables consistent reads - undo records applied

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 24, 10:20 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 10.2.0.4 three node cluster EE on SLES 10

...I should also mention the explain plan for the query is OK. It is a range scan for the time period being retrieved, which may be two or three hours, representing 300,000 rows (out of 300 million).

Also, when I look at "table fetch by rowid" for the querying session, it will periodically just stall. It is as if the session is reading thousands upon thousands of undo blocks for that next row. The arraysize is 15 (standard SQL*Plus)

Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't.

We did apply patch 7527908 Received on Thu Jun 24 2010 - 21:25:10 CDT

Original text of this message