Re: RMAN

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:45:44 -0700 (PDT)

Magnet:

> We are running RMAN on 10gR2 without a recovery catalog.  Everything
> will be running fine, maybe for days or weeks.  Then RMAN comes up
> with errors like this:
>
> RMAN-06207: WARNING: 33 objects could not be deleted for DISK
> channel(s) due
> RMAN-06208:          to mismatched status.  Use CROSSCHECK command to
> fix status
>
> Why randomly does RMAN decide to throw errors?  We use the following
> script of select / parse to make a report of results:
>
> SELECT REPLACE(session_recid ||':'|| operation ||':'|| object_type
> FROM v$rman_status
> WHERE TRUNC(start_time) = TRUNC(SYSDATE);
>
> Thoughts?

If RMAN is telling you that you are missing CROSSCHECKs somewhere ... you are probably missing CROSSCHECKs somewhere.

Maybe some combination of scheduled stuff and some people doing some things manually? Possibly some jobs in the database scheduler failing from time to time? Received on Tue Jun 22 2010 - 06:45:44 CDT

Original text of this message