Re: RMAN

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 21, 6:15 am, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running RMAN on 10gR2 without a recovery catalog.  Everything
> will be running fine, maybe for days or weeks.  Then RMAN comes up
> with errors like this:
>
> RMAN-06207: WARNING: 33 objects could not be deleted for DISK
> channel(s) due
> RMAN-06208:          to mismatched status.  Use CROSSCHECK command to
> fix status
>
> Why randomly does RMAN decide to throw errors?  We use the following
> script of select / parse to make a report of results:
>
> SELECT REPLACE(session_recid ||':'|| operation ||':'|| object_type
> ||':'|| status,' ','-') || ':|'
> FROM v$rman_status
> WHERE TRUNC(start_time) = TRUNC(SYSDATE);
>
> Thoughts?

Possible problems you haven't told us enough to discount are:

You are deleting things with the OS and there is an error in your logic, or a conflict with retention time.

Standby db or you've enabled and disabled an archive destination.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jun/20/app-helps-drivers-avoid-trouble-traffic-and-cops/