Re: move database from sparc to linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_no.address.invalid>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:26:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:51:25 -0700, tb wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have to move a 10.2.0.3 database from solaris sparc to red hat
> linux. I see 4 possibilities
>
> 1. exp/imp
> 2. expdp/impdp
> 3. Transportable Tablespaces
> 4. Oracle Streams
>
> The first approach was expdp and was not succesful, because there are
> 400000 database objects in a 100GByte database. When i'm using expdp
> there, is no progress after one hour. I think exp will take between 30
> and 35 hours. Any idea is welcome.
>
> regards
> thomas

That is strange. How are you doing expdp? Did you specify the "parallel" clause? Have you tried pre-creating the structures and then doing the DATA_ONLY export/import? As for the transportable tablespaces, that is probably the fastest option. You will, however, need to convert the data files.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com