Re: Data Pump and GRANTs

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:51:51 -0400

"gazzag" <gareth_at_jamms.org> wrote in message news:a5fe94ab-e2e4-4e12-b826-2e1225e16b57_at_u7g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
> On 17 June, 15:13, "Syltrem" <syltremz..._at_videotron.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Exporting and importing with user IVADBA
>>
>> All the ORA-39082: errors in the IMPORT job are because of GRANTS not
>> being
>> granted to the imported user. These objects can`t compile because of the
>> missing privileges for objects in other schemas.
> <snip>
>
> I wonder if metadata filtering is playing a role in this:
>
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_export.htm#i1009903
>
> HTH
> -g`

I don't use INCLUDE nor EXCLUDE...

But I saw this : "Cross-schema references are not exported unless the referenced schema is also specified in the list of schemas to be exported" I wonder if this also includes grants. But I can't be expected to export the SYS user...

Schema Mode
A schema export is specified using the SCHEMAS parameter. This is the default export mode. If you have the EXP_FULL_DATABASE role, then you can specify a list of schemas and optionally include the schema definitions themselves, as well as system privilege grants to those schemas. If you do not have the EXP_FULL_DATABASE role, you can export only your own schema.

Cross-schema references are not exported unless the referenced schema is also specified in the list of schemas to be exported. For example, a trigger defined on a table within one of the specified schemas, but that resides in a schema not explicitly specified, is not exported. This is also true for external type definitions upon which tables in the specified schemas depend. In such a case, it is expected that the type definitions already exist in the target instance at import time.

Syltrem Received on Thu Jun 17 2010 - 09:51:51 CDT

Original text of this message