Re: How to login to Oracle using Active Directory Account

From: kkausu <kkausu_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 04:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rob,

I work in a school. In the last years we created usersaccounts for the students in our Oracle DB.
Now we have a Active Directory (Windows Server 2008) and a Oracle Server on a Windows 2008 Server.
I don't want to create account in AD and Oracle. Is there a easy way to configure Oracle to use the AD for authentication? Some software-products can use LDAP or RADIUS to authenticate a user on AD before access the software.

I read some documents about oracle SSO, OVD and OIM but I think I don't need this big products?! In postgres for example you to configure a few lines.

I don't wont to administrate the user in 2 directorys (AD and oracle). The user should login in oracle and oracle should ask the AD - ready.

Is this posible???

Thanks
kati Received on Fri Jun 11 2010 - 06:42:59 CDT

Original text of this message