Re: How to login to Oracle using Active Directory Account

From: Rob Burton <burton.rob_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 01:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 10, 2:50 pm, kkausu <kka..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want that users can login to Oracle 10g without creating account in
> Oracle. I have to install a new server and want that my users can
> login using their AD-Accounts. I have Windows Server 2008  and dont
> wont to change the scheme if posible.
>
> I found only old pdf´s which describes how to use IDM. But I´m looking
> for a simple solution using ldap, if posible.
>
> Please help
>
> kkausu

kkausu, depending on what exactly that you want.

If your client and server have SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) set in the sqlnet.ora and os_authent_prefix=ops$ in the database (You don't need this prefix)

Then for domain user domain\kkausu - creating the DB user - > create user ops$domain\kkausu identified externally; - will let that user connect to the database using their domain authentication - sqlplus ops $domain\kkausu_at_DB will authenticate externally to let you in. This doesn't quite sound like what you want to do but is a good method to authenticate users in a Windows environment.

Rob.. Received on Fri Jun 11 2010 - 03:38:08 CDT

Original text of this message