Re: snapshot too old error

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 7:31 am, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Zigzag:
>
> # I changed default 800 seconds undo_retention to 1 day. I got past
> that error, but now another error came on a different table:
>
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [b], [23786], [121640375],  [121640408],  Could not find anything on  kdliSyncRead on google or metalink. Looked at trace file, seems like some core dump.
>
> ... Oracle 11.1.0.7.1 has all kind sof bugs; problem is now I am in
> production so cannot back out of this release.
>
> Pretty darn stable for me so far all things considered.
>
> Seems like your plan for testing out your planned release level before
> moving into production was missing some really big pieces.
>
> Why on earth would one put in a very large undo tablespace with a very
> small value set for undo_retention unless one had missed many of the
> important concepts involved here in this very important piece of
> system architecture?

Every release has soem issues. I tested Oracle 11g for 6 months; yet many of the problems found in production never showd in testing. I ahev following major issues with 11.1.0.7.1 on HP UNIX 11i which I used:
1. db control does not work. I had problem in creating db control in QA, but in production I did not get any errors during database instance creaion. BUt then I found in laert.log, it is generating core dmp every minute. I removed db control from databas eand problem went away.

2. Export dump has errors as in this thread.

3. rman has bugs sometimes it ends up in an infinite loop during archived log backup and my lof file keeps growing and fills my file system.

4. Once I restarted the database and it showd it mounte dbut never showd db opened, eventhough db was opened.

Prem Received on Wed Jun 02 2010 - 14:33:54 CDT

Original text of this message