Re: Oracle 11 Server and Unicode UTF-8

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_SHOESyahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:10:46 -0400

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Why would you switch to Unicode? Why not to WE8MSWIN1252? anything MS
> Windows can throw at you is supported.

Good question. WE8MSWIN1252 seems to solve most of our immediate problems, and we have plans to support multiple languages so UTF-8 may be overkill. In favor of UTF-8 is that there is some appeal in solving the problem "permanently", and of course there's the grumbling from the usual suspects about adopting a M$ standard. (c:

This seems a viable solution, and we'll explore it further. Thanks.

//Walt Received on Wed Jun 02 2010 - 10:10:46 CDT

Original text of this message