Bitmap index partitions and recursive calls

From: Pratap <>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 04:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

What is the relation between partitioned bitmap indexes and number of recursive calls shown by Autotrace? I have seen that as the number of partitions on a table increase, for a query using bitmap indexes, the number of recursive calls also increase. When the number of partitions on the table are reduced, the same query shows lower recursive calls.

I have discounted query parsing by running the queries 3 times before observing the recursive calls.

Pratap Received on Fri May 28 2010 - 06:13:38 CDT

Original text of this message